New activities are updated here and are also announced via the GAM members’ mailing list. Past activities can be found here as well.
- International symposium on Geospatial Approaches to Combating Covid-19. Dec 13-14, 2021. Florence, Italy, and online (a hybrid event).
- Second national geographic modeling and simulation forum during Jan 16-17, 2021, Nanjing, China. (co-organizer）
- Commission sessions and activities at ICC 2019, July 15-20, Tokyo, Japan.
- A pre-conference symposium, co-organized by the GAM commission and the LBS commission. The symposium site is https://lbs.icaci.org/locbigdata/.
- Special activities during AAG 2018, New Orleans, USA
- One-day workshop on Big Data Analytics in conjunction with AGILE 2018, Lund, Sweden
- International Symposium on Location-based Social Media Data and Tracking Data, July 1-2, 2017. Washington, DC, USA.
- Supporting ILUS 2017. Dresden, Germany. Nov 1-3, 2017.
- One-day Tutorial “Why Topology Matters in Spatial Cognition and Analysis” in conjunction with the ISPRS Geospatial Week, Wuhan China. Sept.18-22, 2017
- Supporting the Second International Conference on Location-based Social Media Data. Aug. 26-28, 2016. Shanghai, China.
- The First International conference on Location-based Social Media Data. March 13-14, 2015, in Athens, GA, USA. In addition to oral presentations and poster sessions, there were three keynote speakers, and two pre-conference workshops focusing on hands-on social media data acquisition and visual analytics. A special issue on “new insights into location-based social media data” is being edited to appear in the international journal Computers, Environment, and Urban Systems (CEUS).
- Supporting the International Land Use Symposium (ILUS) 2015 – Trends in Spaital Analysis and Modeling of Settlements and Infrastructure. Nov. 11-13, 2015, Dresden, Germany.
- A tutorial on scaling or fractal analysis was delivered at GIScience 2014.
- ICA workshop on Street Networks and Transport was held on Aug 23-24, 2013 in Dresden, Germany. A special issue in the International Journal of Geographical Analysis was published following the workshop.
- The 4th ICA workshop on Geospatial Analysis and Modeling was held on Aug. 10-12th, 2011 in Burnaby, Canada.
- The 5th Nordic Summer School in Geographic Information Science, August 16–20, 2010, Gävle, Sweden
- The 3rd ICA workshop on Geospatial Analysis and Modeling was held on Aug. 6-7, 2009 in Gävle, Sweden.
- The 3rd Nordic Summer School in Geographic Information Science, August 18–22, 2008, Gävle, Sweden
- The 2nd ICA workshop on Geospatial Analysis and Modeling was held in July 7-9, 2007 in Athens, GA, USA. A special issue in EPB and a Springer book were published following the workshop.
- The 1st ICA workshop on Geospatial Analysis and Modeling was held on July, 8th, 2006, Vienna, Austria. A special issue in CEUS was published following the workshop.