New activities are updated here and are also announced via the GAM members’ mailing list. Past activities can be found here as well.
1. Join us at ICC 2019, July 15-20, Tokyo, Japan. The fast-approaching abstract submission deadline is Dec.19th, 2018.
- If you want to present in an organized session instead of a session of mixed interests, please choose “T09” as the theme during your submission. This will ensure that your paper be put in a session on a relevant topic in the discourse of geospatial analysis and modeling.
- The commission is planning to have some of its organized sessions on research agenda topics. If you are interested in presenting your work in a research agenda session, please send your submission ID to any of the research agenda committee members after submission.
2. A pre-conference symposium is co-organized by our commission and the LBS commission. The symposium site is https://lbs.icaci.org/locbigdata/. Submission deadline is Feb.15, 2019.
- Special activities during AAG 2018, New Orleans, USA
- One-day workshop on Big Data Analytics in conjunction with AGILE 2018, Lund, Sweden
- International Symposium on Location-based Social Media Data and Tracking Data, July 1-2, 2017. Washington, DC, USA.
- Supporting ILUS 2017. Dresden, Germany. Nov 1-3, 2017.
- One-day Tutorial “Why Topology Matters in Spatial Cognition and Analysis” in conjunction with the ISPRS Geospatial Week, Wuhan China. Sept.18-22, 2017
- Supporting the Second International Conference on Location-based Social Media Data. Aug. 26-28, 2016. Shanghai, China.
- The First International conference on Location-based Social Media Data. March 13-14, 2015, in Athens, GA, USA. In addition to oral presentations and poster sessions, there were three keynote speakers, and two pre-conference workshops focusing on hands-on social media data acquisition and visual analytics. A special issue on “new insights into location-based social media data” is being edited to appear in the international journal Computers, Environment, and Urban Systems (CEUS).
- Supporting the International Land Use Symposium (ILUS) 2015 – Trends in Spaital Analysis and Modeling of Settlements and Infrastructure. Nov. 11-13, 2015, Dresden, Germany.
- A tutorial on scaling or fractal analysis was delivered at GIScience 2014.
- ICA workshop on Street Networks and Transport was held on Aug 23-24, 2013 in Dresden, Germany. A special issue in the International Journal of Geographical Analysis was published following the workshop.
- The 4th ICA workshop on Geospatial Analysis and Modeling was held on Aug. 10-12th, 2011 in Burnaby, Canada.
- The 3rd ICA workshop on Geospatial Analysis and Modeling was held on Aug. 6-7, 2009 in Gävle, Sweden.
- The 2nd ICA workshop on Geospatial Analysis and Modeling was held in July 7-9, 2007 in Athens, GA, USA. A special issue in EPB and a Springer book were published following the workshop.
- The 1st ICA workshop on Geospatial Analysis and Modeling was held on July, 8th, 2006, Vienna, Austria. A special issue in CEUS was published following the workshop.