New activities are updated here and are also announced via the GAM members’ mailing list. Past activities can be found here as well.
Activities are under planning for ICC 2019, Tokyo, Japan
- Special activities during AAG 2018, New Orleans, USA
- One-day workshop on Big Data Analytics in conjunction with AGILE 2018, Lund, Sweden
- International Symposium on Location-based Social Media Data and Tracking Data, July 1-2, 2017. Washington, DC, USA.
- Supporting ILUS 2017. Dresden, Germany. Nov 1-3, 2017.
- One-day Tutorial “Why Topology Matters in Spatial Cognition and Analysis” in conjunction with the ISPRS Geospatial Week, Wuhan China. Sept.18-22, 2017
- Supporting the Second International Conference on Location-based Social Media Data. Aug. 26-28, 2016. Shanghai, China.
- The First International conference on Location-based Social Media Data. March 13-14, 2015, in Athens, GA, USA. In addition to oral presentations and poster sessions, there were three keynote speakers, and two pre-conference workshops focusing on hands-on social media data acquisition and visual analytics. A special issue on “new insights into location-based social media data” is being edited to appear in the international journal Computers, Environment, and Urban Systems (CEUS).
- Supporting the International Land Use Symposium (ILUS) 2015 – Trends in Spaital Analysis and Modeling of Settlements and Infrastructure. Nov. 11-13, 2015, Dresden, Germany.
- A tutorial on scaling or fractal analysis was delivered at GIScience 2014.
- ICA workshop on Street Networks and Transport was held on Aug 23-24, 2013 in Dresden, Germany. A special issue in the International Journal of Geographical Analysis was published following the workshop.
- The 4th ICA workshop on Geospatial Analysis and Modeling was held on Aug. 10-12th, 2011 in Burnaby, Canada.
- The 3rd ICA workshop on Geospatial Analysis and Modeling was held on Aug. 6-7, 2009 in Gävle, Sweden.
- The 2nd ICA workshop on Geospatial Analysis and Modeling was held in July 7-9, 2007 in Athens, GA, USA. A special issue in EPB and a Springer book were published following the workshop.
- The 1st ICA workshop on Geospatial Analysis and Modeling was held on July, 8th, 2006, Vienna, Austria. A special issue in CEUS was published following the workshop.